Tindol Construction is seeking to hire an experienced Civil Estimator to work within a team environment and prepare accurate (earthwork, utilities and concrete) estimates for Renewable Energy projects. The ideal candidate should have strong civil work experience (5 plus years) building crew-based proposals. The ideal candidate should also have excellent analytical and numerical skills. Previous work experience with large scale civil projects such as Renewable Energy, TXDOT, Maritime (Port Work) or Petrochem Civil would be a considered plus.
About Tindol Construction:
Tindol Construction is a full-service, family-owned civil and field service construction company with five offices in Texas. In 2004, Patriot Dozer Services was formed as a family operation by Jason Tindol while working with his father Dale. Tindol Construction quickly became known for getting the job done right and is now run by Jason and his brother Garrett Tindol. The company was renamed Tindol Construction to better suit the growing service lines. Today, we provide civil site construction services throughout the U.S. in the Oil & Gas, Wind, Solar and Energy Storage sectors. Additionally, we provide aggregate materials to various clients and projects in South Texas and along the Gulf Coast through our South Texas aggregate quarries. Finally, we provide maintenance & integrity and facility work to the energy market.
We believe in providing exceptional value and service to all our clients and believe that dedication, being personable, enjoying what you do and rolling up your sleeves to do exceptional work is the key to unlocking our continued growth and success.
- Evaluate bid/proposal specific needs and requirements.
- Determine key variables for labor, material & equipment costs.
- Gather firsthand bid information from site visits or client RFP’s
- Source data on labor, equipment & materials costs, etc.
- Use digital software for establishing quantities of cut/fill, etc.
- Source and review quotes with subcontractors or material vendors.
- Perform risk analysis for each individual proposal assigned.
- Create and submit proposals for in house review with Senior Team.
- Submit proposals to client estimating team with qualifications, inclusions and exclusions clearly identified.
- Perform weekly follow ups with client teams to confirm status on previously submitted proposals.
- Attend weekly Business Development/Estimating conference calls.
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Prepare handoff packages for operations team after award.
- Work and coordinate with operations on project planning, budgets, schedules, manpower needs, etc. Be a source of support during the construction phase.
- Work with Business Development to meet our client needs and maintain key business relationships.
- Proven experience as civil estimator or similar position.
- Familiarity with financial and estimating principles.
- In depth knowledge of material vendor and subcontractor sourcing.
- Research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas.
- Exquisite math and technical ability with an analytical mindset.
- Proficient in quantity takeoff software (AutoCAD, Agtek, Blue Beam, OST, Etc.)
- Proficient in estimate building software (Excel, Timberline, Heavy Bid, Etc.)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- Thoroughness and reliability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- BSc/BA in Engineering, Construction Science or relevant 5 years plus experience.
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset.
What’s In It for You:
- Salary information (to be discussed)
- Work/Life Balance
- PTO/Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Growth oriented company with a strong emphasis on the future
- Family-owned business with a down-to-earth culture!
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to
AN ENERGY SERVICES COMPANY
Please Give Us a Call at (361) 621-1530 or fill out the form – we will contact you as soon as possible.
safety. quality. experience.
Amongst a whole bunch of oil field companies, Tindol Construction continues to provide excellent services with our turnkey solutions. Safety, Quality, Experience and an Honest Approach at communication has helped build long term relationships.